Let’s talk v0.8. Now that @cojennin is helping a lot on Github, I think it would be neat to scope out another release.
Also, another thing to keep our eye on is the WordPress 3.6 release schedule. 3.6 is currently aim for release on April 22nd. We might want to ship something around then too, as Edit Flow will probably get a bit of publicity.
Here’s what’s already on the docket for v0.8:
- Google Calendar-esque quick post creation: Pull request by Ben at Grist
- iCal support for the calendar: I’d like to take a swing at this
- Dashboard widget listing and allowing you to respond to your editorial comments: @cojennin has this one.
- Filter story budget and calendar by custom taxonomies: Free for grabs
- View and edit editorial comments from the calendar: Free for grabs
Other features we could consider:
- Private link for requesting feedback on a draft via editorial comments
- Post Tasks: list of tasks that need to be completed before a post can be published
- Various email notification improvements: content diffs, showing date and time for scheduled posts, and showing editorial metada assocated with the post.
Features I’m missing? Interested in picking anything up?